Commitment Self-Exam: Avoid self sabotage
Are you truly committed to making a change this year? If you answered yes, then avoid sabotaging your commitment to your goals by reviewing your habits and past behaviors. Examine your circumstances carefully to determine what part you played in the outcomes you have previously gotten. If you are not producing the results you desire, then figure out why. Be honest with yourself.
- Have you let external issues or others’ actions determine what happens?
- Are you spending time on situations/events/issues that (if you were working) would not have taken as long or even been issues at all?
- Have you held off planning a course of action to “wait and see” before you make a decision to do something? Why?
- What would happen if you simply made a decision to take action, make a commitment, and in the worst-case scenario, had to change your plans later?
- Are you able/willing to stay focused? If you are not, have you identified the barriers? What can you do about them?
- Are you willing to work long hours, weekends and holidays for a limited time to accomplish what you desire?
What other issues can you identify that have kept you from fully committing?